We’ve made some big improvements to our Version 2 shave soap base. We’ve upped the moisturizing power and added some luxury skin food like organic argan oil, hydrolyzed oat protein and goat milk. There is more slip, more cushion and more creaminess helping you to get an even better shave. We’re excited for you to try it out, coming Monday August 24th!
SUMMER CABIN SHAVE SOAP (JUNE 16th)
Notes: Persian Lime, Tahitian Lime, Calabrian Bergamot, Lemongrass Sicilian Lemon, Litsea, Nutmeg, Ginger, Turmeric, Coriander, Rose Geranium, Himalayan Cedarwood, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Benzoin, Jasmine
"If only it could be like this always--always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe" - Evelyn Waugh
Summer Cabin makes a bold entrance with a bright and tangy lime forward citrus opening with notes of bergamot, lemon and litsea. Turmeric, ginger and coriander blend right in, giving the citrus some lift and complexity.
The citrus intensity doesn’t last long, revealing a much warmer lemongrass theme with nuances of rose geranium and nutmeg. These notes then begin to mingle with a creamy jasmine and sandalwood base, supported by spicy Himalayan cedar wood, earthy vetiver and vanilla-esque benzoin.
The scent is both in your face and yet soft and warm. Because it’s made entirely of natural essential oils, absolutes and resins, it never becomes overpowering and remains light.
And because our soap is as soft as it is, we are able to add in our scent blend one week after cure time to avoid the harsh environment that the early stages of soap making brings which will preserve some of the more delicate elements of the scent blend.
We also scented Summer Cabin ten percent stronger than our other soaps to hopefully compensate for the lack of fragrance oils, which have much stronger projection and staying power than naturals. Just a quick note, the citrus "hides" off the puck on this but will come to life when lathered!
Made with our V4 base. It's a very soft base so be careful not to overload the brush-- but you are rewarded with a quick lather that takes water very well.
[tab name="About Our Soap"]
- We are proud to include beef tallow sourced from a family run farm in Alberta that is both certified grass fed and humane.
- Made with four skin nourishing butters: fair trade raw organic shea butter, kokum butter, fair trade cocoa butter and mango butter
- Green Tea extract is a rich source of antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Tremella extract is high in vitamin D, has strong water-binding capacities, easily penetrates the skin's layers, forming a protective film of moisture that transforms the look and feel of dryness and roughness.
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* is a moisturizer that enhances the moisturizing properties of our shave and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Silk, goat's milk and yogurt lend a luxurious creaminess to your shave.
- Superfatted with the organic oils of argan, jojoba, pumpkin seed, camellia seed and shea butter.
- Aloe Vera helps soothe the skin and makes for a better post shave feel.
- All of our fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.