FREE YEG + AREA DELIVERY WITH ORDER OF $40 OR MORE.
FREE SHIPPING WITH ORDERS OF $80+(USA + CAN ONLY)
ASPEN PARKLAND (UNSCENTED) BEARD BALM
“To do a dull thing with style, now that’s what I call art” – Charles Bukowski
This is our unscented version of our beard balm. Please note that a naturally occurring (but mild) aroma from the oils and butters will be present.
Why Aspen Parklands for our unscented products? Alberta is full of impressive landscapes that have inspired our line of scents–from the deep yellow prairie and foothills in the south, the Rockies in the west and then the Badlands in the east. With all of these just a short drive away, it’s easy to take for granted what surrounds us everyday our own hometown of Edmonton, situated in the aspen parkland biome. River valleys, poplars, spruce and prairie grasses on a generally flat landscape might not seem exciting in comparison to the Rockies, but there is beauty in it’s supposed plainness and deserves an homage.
[tab name=”About Our Beard Balm”]
- Four kinds of wax– bayberry, beeswax, candelilla and carnauba– make a unique feeling balm that’s bolstered with a complimentary range of premium hair conditioning oils and butters.
- Our beard balm will tame your beard, add shine and control “beardruff’ by keeping your skin moisturized.
- Depending on beard size and frequency of use, this is about a 3 month supply.
- Each scent is formulated in house using essential oils and resins, and Alberta and the outdoors serves as the inspiration. We are not against fragrance oils at MSC but they are significantly stronger than essential oils, so it’s best to keep them away from your face.
- We use raw unrefined shea butter which is subject to graininess. This is a cosmetic issue only and we feel it’s worth the trade off to get a completely natural product.
- Available in 1 oz or 2 oz tins
- Bayberry wax: An aromatic wax derived from bayberry leaves, similar to beeswax.
- Beeswax: a hard wax that traps in moisture.
- Candelilla Wax: a moderately hard wax that adds shine to our balm, is conditioning, and easily absorbed.
- Carnauba Wax: One of the hardest cosmetic waxes available, gives our balm holding power.
- Organic Argan Oil: A powerful moisturizer that protects your skin and hair.
- Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil: Believed to help with hair growth and is currently being researched to explore any positive effects on skin conditions such as psoriasis.
- Organic Jojoba Oil: A liquid wax that is similar to the protective barrier naturally made by your skin. Easily absorbed through hair follicles but doesn’t block them.
- Illipe Butter: Known for its high moisturizing properties for and it’s ability to restore elasticity to hair and skin. It’s extremely helpful in the treatment of dry or over-processed hair.
- Organic Babassu Oil: Believed to stimulate hair growth, high in omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids, anti inflammatory and is easily absorbed by skin and hair.
- Organic Shea Butter: Known to be anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, skin softening, antioxidant and antimicrobial.
- Organic Coconut Oil: Moisturizing, helps hair retain protein and is believed to stimulate hair growth.
- Vitamin E: Highly skin nourishing, Vitamin E also protects the beard oil from oxidation, improving shelf life.
Apply a dime sized portion to the palm of your hand. Work wax from base of beard outwards, as needed. A little goes a long way.