FREE YEG + AREA DELIVERY WITH ORDER OF $40 OR MORE.
FREE SHIPPING WITH ORDERS OF $80+(USA + CAN ONLY)
STORE WIDE SALE 15% OFF SEPT 30 TO OCT 2
PRAIRIE RUM RUNNER SHAVE SOAP
Notes: West Indies Bay, Bay Laurel, Tobacco, Allspice, Ginger, Citrus Blend, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Oakmoss, Basil
“All roads lead to rum” – WC Fields
What is any shaving line up without the presence of a Bay Rum scent? Traditionally a blend of west indies bay and spices extracted in dark rum, it’s become a staple of both classic and modern shaving with all the variations you can think of in between.
Prairie Rum Runner finds inspiration in the rum runners of southern Alberta, who defied Alberta’s brief period of alcohol prohibition at the turn of the 20th century. Since this is far removed from the nautical origins and associations of a traditional bay rum, I wanted to introduce a blue collar “prairie outlaw” element to the blend through a good dose of tobacco supported by hay absolute, patchouli and a slight hint of oakmoss.
The opening notes feature a citrus blend of wild orange, two kinds of lime each with their own nuance (Tahiti and Persian) and curry leaf essential oil. If that sounds unusual, curry leaf smells like a woody and completely unsweet version of lime, and as such they pair quite well.
Expect to smell both authentic West Indies bay–which leans towards a clove and allspice scent–and the more camphorous laurel bay leaf that is now more common as West Indies bay becomes increasingly harder to source. Allspice and ginger accentuate the bay leaf; the presence of basil lends an interesting herbal touch.
[tab name=”About Our Soap”]
- This is a softer soap. Brush lathering works but is easy to overload!
- We are proud to include beef tallow sourced from a family run farm in Alberta that is both certified grass fed and humane.
- Made with four skin nourishing butters: fair trade raw organic shea butter, kokum butter, fair trade cocoa butter and mango butter
- Green Tea extract is a rich source of antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Tremella extract is high in vitamin D, has strong water-binding capacities, easily penetrates the skin’s layers, forming a protective film of moisture that transforms the look and feel of dryness and roughness.
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* is a moisturizer that enhances the moisturizing properties of our shave and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Silk, goat’s milk and yogurt lend a luxurious creaminess to your shave.
- Superfatted with the organic oils of argan, jojoba, pumpkin seed, camellia seed and shea butter.
- Aloe Vera helps soothe the skin and makes for a better post shave feel.
- All of our fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- Each soap is 120 grams and comes in standard white, shallow tubs.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
[tab name=”Ingredients”]Stearic Acid, Tallow, Glycerine, Castor Oil, Kokum Butter, Shea Butter*, Cocoa Butter, Camellia Seed Oil*, Mango Butter, Aloe, Goat Milk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Sodium Lactate, Argan Oil*, Jojoba Oil*,
Pumpkin Seed Oil*, Tremella Seed Extract, Silk Peptides, Green Tea Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Yogurt, Parfum