FREE YEG + AREA DELIVERY WITH ORDER OF $40 OR MORE.
FREE SHIPPING WITH ORDERS OF $80+(USA + CAN ONLY)
STORE WIDE SALE 15% OFF SEPT 30 TO OCT 2
TRAIL TOBACCO SHAVE SOAP
Notes: Cured Tobacco Leaf, Lemon, Spiced Plum, Roasted Coffee, Butterscotch, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Chocolate, Cognac, Vanilla
“I’ve made it a rule to never smoke more than one cigar at a time.” Mark Twain
The enjoyment of pipe tobacco is much like wet shaving. Both hobbies place an emphasis on the “experience” in that there is a ritual component surrounding the product, going far beyond their practical use. The start of this ritual is the savouring of the smell of raw tobacco, carefully examining the nuances much like enjoying the scent of a soap “off the puck”. Then there is the removal of yourself from the troubles of the day, taking your time, relaxing often reflecting: a full appreciation of the experience. Finally, both hobbies have strong online presences, sharing reviews, useful tips, and of course, a sense of community.
Many tobacco scents treat the tobacco as a supporting character in a larger theme and this is done with great success. My approach here, however, is to treat the tobacco itself as the whole, mimicking the rich, multi faceted nuances of cured tobacco blends I buy from the tobacconist. Depending on the blend, sometimes I can pick up notes of coffee or vanilla, chocolate or plum, mild citrus or even a hint of butterscotch. As such I use these notes as the basis of my most recent version of Trail Tobacco (Fall 2021), including the addition of tobacco absolute, gauaicwood, buddhawood, cypriol, sandalwood absolute, and a slight hint of chocolate.
I doubt it’s possible to match the complexity and authenticity of an actual tobacco blend, but as my most continually reformulated scent, I will keep striving all the same.
[tab name=”About Our Soap”]
- This is a softer soap. Brush lathering works but is easy to overload!
- We are proud to include beef tallow sourced from a family run farm in Alberta that is both certified grass fed and humane.
- Made with four skin nourishing butters: fair trade raw organic shea butter, kokum butter, fair trade cocoa butter and mango butter
- Green Tea extract is a rich source of antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Tremella extract is high in vitamin D, has strong water-binding capacities, easily penetrates the skin’s layers, forming a protective film of moisture that transforms the look and feel of dryness and roughness.
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* is a moisturizer that enhances the moisturizing properties of our shave and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Silk, goat’s milk and yogurt lend a luxurious creaminess to your shave.
- Superfatted with the organic oils of argan, jojoba, pumpkin seed, camellia seed and shea butter.
- Aloe Vera helps soothe the skin and makes for a better post shave feel.
- All of our fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- Each soap is 120 grams and comes in standard white, shallow tubs.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.