FREE YEG + AREA DELIVERY WITH ORDER OF $40 OR MORE.
FREE SHIPPING WITH ORDERS OF $80+(USA + CAN ONLY)
STORE WIDE SALE 20% OFF JULY 29 5 PM MDT TO AUGUST 1ST 5 PM MDT
OLD STRATHCONA (BARBERSHOP) BEARD OIL
Notes: Bergamot, Lemon, White Patchouli, Basil, Tarragon, Rosewood, Geranium, Tree Moss Blend, Mushroom Absolute, Carnation Absolute, Vetiver
Strathcona was a trading town on the southern banks of the North Saskatchewan River, serving as neighbour and a trading partner with the city of Edmonton north of the river. A few short years after finally reaching “city” status, Strathcona was absorbed by the faster growing Edmonton and was amalgamated in 1912. Today, this area is recognized as “Old Strathcona” and is home to the city’s cultural center, hosting many of our festivals, independent theatres and music venues, all while communicating its history through original architecture.
It makes sense then that we chose this story as the inspiration for our barbershop scent. A barbershop (as it applies to the perfumery world) has a strong “fougere” element (lavender, geranium, coumarin), a combination that was discovered by perfumers in the 19th century. Fougere has become a staple in the fragrance industry with many modern innovations that have continually revitalized the scent, keeping tradition alive while still moving forward.
Our version makes a bold herbal opening with the inclusion of basil and tarragon, both of which share some similarities with anise but remain distinct. Bergamot and lemon round out the opening, folding into a floral heart of rosewood, carnation and geranium. The base of the scent is the true star, featuring white patchouli, tonka bean, a trio of tree mosses (oak, cedar, pine), a touch of vetiver and tenacious mushroom for a touch of earthy saltiness.
We’ve excluded the classic lavender addition to make room for rosewood which gives ours a floral sweetness distinct from the more common lavender fougeres.
Please note that I am using natural tree mosses which are suspected to cause skin sensitization in some individuals, although there is some controversy behind that. All the same this is your warning so you can make a decision that best suits your skin.
Contains paraben and pthalate free fragrance oil in addition to essential oils and absolutes.
[tab name=”About Our Beard Oil”]
- Our beard oil will soften your beard which helps sooth itch and improve overall feel.
- The oils draw in and hold moisture that will keep your beard feeling and looking healthy.
- Your skin is moisturized as well, helping to control beard-druff.
- Each Beard Oil has innovative and multilayered scents that we formulate ourselves.
- Depending on beard size and frequency of use, our Beard Oil should last you about 3 months.
- Comes in a high quality drawstring cloth bag to protect your beard oil while travelling.
Each Beard Oil is made with fourteen complimentary oils supplemented by Vitamin E:
- Organic Argan Oil: This is the main ingredient for our beard oils. Argan oil is a powerful moisturizer and protects your skin and hair.
- Black Cumin Seed Oil: is believed to help with hair growth and to have positive effects on skin conditions such as psoriasis.
- Squalane: an outstanding moisturizer capable of keeping your skin and your hair properly hydrated and imparting flexibility and suppleness to the skin
- Organic Jojoba Oil: A liquid wax that is similar to the protective barrier made by your skin. Easily absorbed through hair follicles but doesn’t block them.
- Organic Almond Oil Creates a barrier on your skin and allows your skin to absorb more water and protects from water loss.
- Vitamin E: Highly skin nourishing, Vitamin E also protects the beard oil from oxidation, improving shelf life.
*Argan, *Black Cumin Seed, Sunflower, Avocado, *Perilla Seed, *Jojoba, Coconut, *Safflower, *Almond, *Pumpkin Seed, *Camellia Seed, Abyssinian, Meadowfoam, Neossance Squalane, Vitamin E
Apply just a couple drops to the palm of your hand. Work oil from base of beard outwards, as needed. Apply after a shower to your towel dried beard for best results. Beards in drier climates will benefit from a couple applications per day.